- This axe is a backpacker's delight. Small enough for carrying, yet big enough to get you the firewood you need. Ideal for splitting kindling wood at home, at camp, at the lodge, or on the trail. Features the famous Hudson Bay head fitted to a knobbed 18" select American hickory handle to allow one-handed use.
- One of Snow and Nealley's most popular tools, the Hudson Bay axe offers striking power with less weight for high versatility and usefulness. This axe is made in Maine of 100% US materials.
- The perfect lightweight camping axe for the outdoor enthusiast. Designed especially for hiking and camping, this axe features a 1-1/4 lb head with a 15" handle. A great starter axe for the young camper!
- The perfect splitting tool for smaller jobs, this maul can be used with one hand. Its unique design features a 3 lb. head on a knobbed 18" select American hickory handle. Great for splitting hardwood kindling!
What to expect when you receive your new axeAll Snow and Nealley axes are hand-assembled and finished in a small craftsman's shop. You can expect the grain of the axe handle and the texture of the leather sheath to vary from the picture in this listing. In addition, there may be slight variations in the finish on the head.Snow and Nealley gives each axe head a clearcoat finish to prevent rust during shipping. The finish will come off during sharpening and use. This is normal.Axe heads are hand-tempered and hand-ground. They are shipped sharp enough to cut, but without the final edge that many users will prefer. You may add the final touches according to your preference with a file, grinding stone, or grinding wheel.Or find one on eBay (affiliate link)
- The woodsmen's favorite, this classic single bit axe is perfect for big jobs. Fitted with a 30" select American hickory handle for greater leverage, and made in Maine of 100% US steel and hickory.
- A versatile utility axe that works well on fence posts, garden stakes, limbing a felled tree, and all sorts of practical jobs around the home. Small enough to be practical for all jobs, yet big enough to get the job done.